Thursday, October 21, 2010

Post 7

1. The Perfect Shot by Elaine Marie Alphin ( pages 1-65)
2. The main idea of this book so far is about a boy named Brain and his coping with the loss of his girlfriend Amanda. Amanda was tragically mudered. He does everything to try to forget about her and focus only on basketball, but he is somewhat afraid that if he lets go of her, he is going to lose himself.
3. One major detail that happened was that Amanda, and her brother Cory, and her mom got murdered. Another major detail that happened was that Brian got his partner for the group project for his history class.
4. One minor detail is that each person was killed with one single shot from the gun. Another minor detail was that the gun was .380 caliber gun.
5. I am reading this book because we have to read it for class. That is not a bad thing though. I thought the book sounded interesting and I figured that it would be good.
6. The book starts out with Amanda and her brother Cory wanting to play basketball with Brian. Brian wanted to play with his friend instead, and he let Amanda go to the pool with her mom, even though she didn't want too. She said that there has been family problem going on at home, and she really just wanted to spend time with Brian. Then they came home from the pool. Amanda's mom pulled in the back of the house and Amanda saw a shadow. The person went into the house with her mom and her and her brother stayed in the car. Her mom came out and collapsed by the front tire on the garage floor. Then Amanda tried to get help, and there was a pop of a gun, and another pop. The first chapter started out with someone in the hospital. I think it is Brain. He is trying to fight for his life, (whoever it may be) they are dying. They can hear the voices of the docters in the E.R. and they start to have flashback of their life, which is why I think it's Brian. Brain has flashbacks of his life, and time with Amanda. He goes back to this history class where he is assigned a partner. He is assigned to work with Todd. Todd is a nerd, and alot of the people don't liek him. They get assigned a case about Leo Frank who got accused of murder. It's like Amanda's dad who is now being accused of the murder of his wife, daughter, and son. I don't think her dad did it because he was at the gym, but he is now in jail, and his trial is is coming up.
7. I think this book is really go so far. I thought it was somewhat confusing at first, but i believe that i know that Brain is the one who is in the hospital. I think that maybe he tried to kill himself or something. I think that I would reccommend this book to someone because I think it is good. I think that not everyone will come across an experience similar to this. I find it interesting to read about stuff that I personally will probably never experience. I think this book would also be a great book for someone who could have had a loss in their family by murder. I think it would be a good story to help them relate. I just think that overall the book is really good and I like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment