Friday, October 29, 2010

Post 8

The Perfect Shot is a good book so far. I like reading about mysteries, and books like this so i think that is why I like it so much. I don't like how much time they spend on basketball when really it does not have that much to do with the book itself. It does have some stuff that deals with the book, but everything always relates back to basketball, and how Brian didn't let Amanda and Cory play with him. I really like Brian in the story. He seems to be a very strong person, despite all that has happened to him. He hasn't really had a break down quite yet like Julius has. I think that Brian is a good person because he always tries to do more for people. He wanted to help Julius even though his father didn't want him to "get involved." He was just being a good friend. I think that many people could find themselves relating to Brian in one way, or another. They might not have been in some of the same situations as him, but they can find traits about him that relate to them, or people in their lives. I think that Brian is a good role model for his teammates. He trying to help other people, besides himself. A lot of people do this without actually realizing it. I think that many people would like this book, because it is very good. I would tell alot of people to read this book, because I think that many people would like reading it because they might be able to relate.

1 comment:

  1. One possible reason for the basketball scenes is that they tend to function as a metaphor for some of the main action. For instance,Brian's lack of leadership with Julius reflects his lack of action in the murder case.

    ReplyDelete